Adding a banana or two has a great variety of benefits in your body. Besides being of the most widely available fruits in the world, bananas are high in potassium, alleviates your mood, and give you energy you can utilize immediately for a pre-workout. A 9 inch banana is about 105 calories, which sure beats 250 or more calories for a candy bar and often in similar pricings. So it’s best to stock up on bananas at your arsenal by your desk or shelf, especially if you are really busy. Here are some interesting facts about why bananas are amazing.
- Eye Health-
- One Banana has a small amount of Vitamin A, a fat-soluble vitamin that is essential for protecting your eyes and retaining normal vision. Vitamin A includes both Beta and Alpha Carotene which preserve the membranes that surrounds your eyes. Daily Vitamin A intake improves night blindness and it’s crucial for everyday vision, keeping your eyes strong and healthy.
- Fights Depression and Mood Swings
- Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which converts to serotonin, known as the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter. No wonder monkeys are quite happy.
- Aid in Quitting Smoking
- It’s no fun that people do want to improve their health as smokers. Luckily, bananas have high levels of B-vitamins, potassium, and magnesium to speed up the effects of the nicotine withdrawal.
- Reduces Morning Sickness
- Bananas, when eating in between meals, helps stabilize blood sugar and reduces nausea from morning sickness. You might want to have a banana by your side to make sure mornings can be less sickly.
- Builds Strong Bones and aids in Weight Loss
- Bananas have a good amount of calcium, which aids in building strong bones and fiber, which aids in bowel movement. It also absorbs water and slows digestion which makes you feel full longer.