Comic Con brings some of the world’s most avid comic, cosplay, anime and gamer fans alike in the heart of New York City at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. With over 133,000 attendees in 2013, it is currently the East Coast’s biggest pop culture convention. New York Comic Con hosts the latest and greatest in comic, graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, toys, movies and television, ranging from panels, autograph signings to exclusive sneak peeks. “And with dedicated professional hours, New York Comic Con is a market place, bringing together the major players in the entertainment industry”.
What is also impressive with the convention is the incorporation of some elements of beauty, fitness, and health for comic con goers. From Ultimate Zombie Survival Experience, hair/makeup/nails makeovers to having dedicated cosplayers (“the practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game, especially one from the Japanese genres of manga and anime”) who not only dresses up, but achieved the accurate fitness physique of their respected characters. Here are some of 2014 Fittest People of New York Comic Con:
1) NYZ Apocalypse- Why: NYZ Apocalypse is a unique interactive zombie survival experience to be as realistic as possible. The location is an underground top secret prison system that incorporate realistic zombies, heavy weaponry, and environmental sensory (from life-like smells of rotting smells and waste) to give you 45 minutes of intense cardio workout; average heart rate of players can peak well over 150 beats per minute.
2) Velvet by Migi Cosmetics-
Why: Is it possible for eyeliner to contribute to healthy skin? Velvet is water based quick drying formula that is both smudge-free and can be removed without the harsh use of facial cleansers. Your skin will be spared from these dreadful chemicals.
3) Impress Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails-
Why: Broadway Nails has a wide variety of nail colors, patterns and styles for a complete nail transformation that you can just press on. Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussycat Dolls is the current celebrity ambassador of the product.
4) I Heart Guts- Why: Named Best of Toy Fair 2014 from Popular Science Magazine, these happy plush organs brings a smile to your face in addition of getting to know your organs and what they do for your body. Delightfully squishy!
5) NYX Cosmetics-
Why: NYX Cosmetics is a top quality professional makeup company that was named after the Greek goddess who ruled the night. Toni Ko is the founder of the company.
6) The fit cosplayers of New York Comic Con-
Why: Of course, this list cannot be complete with cosplayers who achieved impressive physical appearance, both in costume and physique to make their costumes is realistic as possible. Need we say more?
Comic Con was from Thursday, October 9, 2014 to Sunday, October 12, 2014.
Links to the Company:
Velvet by Migi Cosmetics-www.velveteyeliner.com/
Impress Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails-impressmanicure.com/
I Heart Guts-http://iheartguts.com/